Who We Are
The Northern Illinois Independent Purchasing Cooperative (NIIPC) began in 1995 through the joint effort of eleven charter districts ranging from 500 students to 40,000 students. We represent preschools through high school offering comprehensive food service programs that include breakfast, lunch, before and after school snacks, vending, concessions and catering.
We are a group of food service professionals, some with many years experience in the industry and some with fresh, new ideas brought from other industries and experiences. We have built strong relationships with our distributors and have become a vital presence in the food service industry.
What We Offer
Members benefit significantly through the buying power NIIPC membership brings. Our pricing history shows an average savings of 9%-35%. Other cost benefits include:
- Full use of all USDA comodities meaning less waste and more choice
- Direct-to-manufacturer pricing on selected, high-volume items
With the NIIPC, experts prepare a unified bid, which complies with all government regulations. Some members have said that the time they save in bid preparation alone is worth the price of membership. Time-saving benefits also include:
- Rebate tracking by the distributor; rebates are automatically credited to your account.
- Nutritionally analyzed cycle menus that are coordinated with the bid items and USDA commodities
Power In Numbers
Join the NIIPC and become a part of a powerful negotiating team. As a member, you will be able to:
- Learn from experienced food service professionals
- Share your experiences and knowledge with your peers
- Add your buyng power to negotiate an effective bid